Sunday, December 27, 2009

Week #5 Swim Focus Week

Welcome to the month of December, a month of celebration for people around the world and a time for reflection on the year gone by and the year ahead. It's also the time of year when the thermometer dips down to test our resolve and we find out how much will power we have to get outside to complete the workouts. On Saturday we saw the first signs of frosty mornings and clouds of steam over the pool that will be with us for teh next few months. Sunday welcomed us with a layer of frost on the rooftops and a chilly wind rolling across the bay as the storm front moved in. And finally, Monday morning we woke up to snow in Danville, Berkeley and parts of the North Bay too. The chill in the air made me question if I was in CA or back East.

If was definitely harder to get into the pool when it was so cold outside, but my motivation to get out there is my dad! So, I got into the pool many times this week and worked on skill sets and practiced my technique repeatedly.

Sunday's Coached Workout was a Video Day that involved several skill stations that I rotated through and a video station was included. Coaches took live action video of my swim technique and then I watched it with my swim coached. I got some very valuable feedback that is going to help my stroke be more efficient.

We ended Sunday's workout with an Honoree Pot-Luck, where we got to know alittle bit more about our team honorees and their stories.

Donate here:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/VineFIrn10/dbache

No comments:

Post a Comment