Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week #29

WOW - only 10 weeks until Vineman! Alot could happen in 10 weeks and there is still alot of training to be completed.
I completed a 90' bike ride up Old Tunnel Road on Tuesday. I did well but did not have my best ride. I had never gone on that route before so I just took it all in. I met the rest of my teammates at Grizzly Peak and Claremont were we had an awesome downhill back to Tony' office. I LOVE to go fast downhill.
I has PT this week on my knee so I took it easy to allow my knee to recovery from the stress of physical therapy. I focused on my swimming this week and on building my core strength. I completed my strength program three times this week.
Saturday we were back out in Livermore at Lake Del Val. We completed 60' of open water swimming. I completed more than a mile swim in an hour and then completed a 7.8 mile run/walk with teammates on the trail. It was a great training day to experience some heat while training because Vineman is gonna be hot. I was able to connect with teammate who I have not had alot of time to connect with. It was a great Saturday.
Sunday, a number of us completed the Highland Loop, which is a 30 mile out and back loop. It is a relatively flat course, which means headwind at points, and just a few climbs. On the loop, there was a snake that had just eaten and was crossing the road very slowly. I screamed because I hate snakes. I'm shaving here just typing it. After that incident, we were at our farther point from where we started from and my teammate Helen broke her bike. Her derailor busted so she was done for the day. She was deciding if she should buy a tri bike, guess the bike decided for her. Good thing someone had verizon, because ATnT had no receptions. Figures right? Fortunately, another teammate, Jen Jay, had started her ride earlier and had just returned to her car. Jen Jay came to the rescue. So, three of us road on while two others stayed with Helen. When Helen got her ride, the other two riders who stayed with her continued on their ride. We all made it back to the starting point safe and hungry. So, we went out to eat after the ride. Good times.
Later that night, another teammate hosted a BBQ at her place so I went to that. We watch Louisville 09 for some inspiration and then stayed to watch a movie, since Monday was a holiday. I was able to gain some great ideas for my special needs bags for 3/4 iron weekend and how I should plan my attire.
Here's to a great week ahead. 3/4 iron weekend is right around the corner!
Cheers,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment