Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week #24 - Recovery

This is a recovery week, although I have been recovering a few weeks now. This just means the the intensity on the workout calendar is low. It is also a time to reconnect with my fundraising plans. I am participating in Ironteam to raise money to find a cure for cancer!
I completed my 2000 yard swim marker. I was alittle disappointed with my time because I was 2 minutes slower than when I completed that distance before I was injured. Then my swim coach put it in perspective for me. Sometimes set backs make us work harder for the things we want and anything that's worth anything requires hard work and determination. Once I completely get back into the swing of things, my speed will come back.
I attended a spin workout on Wednesday in Walnut Creek and that was my first spin workout since I fell. My knee did pretty well so I was pleased. Thursday I saw the ortho doc for a follow-up. I waited 45 minutes after the scheduled appointment time for a 5 minute appointment that ended with a hand shake and smiles so it's all good.
Saturday I swam 1 hour in Aquatic Park in SF. The water was cold, but not as cold as last time. I still covered every part of my body and wore my gloves. Salt water makes me thirsty, so I prefer to swim in fresh water. There were alot of people out there. Then again, Wildflower and Escape from Alcatraz are just a week away.
There was a run marker scheduled for this week, but I am not running yet. Instead I attended the 5K run to honor and remember Brenda Donato, as a spectator. I worked the water stop and cheered teammates on. After the run, we got to shop at Sports Basement, since it was right across the street. Then we went to our head coaches' house for an honoree potluck and that's how my day was spent - with great people, connected by a cause to change people's lives.
Here's to the week ahead.
Cheers,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment