Monday, February 15, 2010

Week #14 - Run Focus Week

Getting back into my routine this week was hard after missing two workouts last weekend while I was attending my friend's wedding. Once I got back in town, I felt like crap. My body was fighting against me as I was attempting to swim, bike and run. I felt like I had no energy and it took 2 solid days before I felt like I was back on my training track. Plus, this the run portion was increased in volume and that is not my strongest part. Although I must say, I am feeling the positive and negative effects of the hill repeats. Positive is my legs feel really strong and I seem faster on flatter routes. Negative is my pelvis is not happy. My right side seems to be rotating a little bit, make my hamstrings tighter than normal and I have some pain in my gluts. I've had to increase my frequency to the chiropractor this week.
Tuesday was a swim and spin workout and they were not my best. The swim felt blah and the spin was focused on cadence and my right hamstring was just so tight, it wasn't a good workout for me.
Wednesday was running hills. I ran Oakland Ave between Grand and Highland, if you are familiar with the area. The hill was no joke. It resembled a SF hill.
Thursday was another swim and run workout and those felt great compared to the ones on Tuesday.
Friday was another run workout along with core strengthen.
Saturday had an on your own swim scheduled but I didn't get it in due to a work retreat.
Sunday was a 45 mile bike ride from Benicia to the Jelly Belly Factory in Fairfield and back. We started at the Benicia waterfront and came close to the Valero oil pipelines, California National Guard Armory, along Suison Bay past the Mothball fleet, along the marshes with beautiful white egrets, the Jelly Belly Factory, through beautiful Suison Valley wine region, over a 100-year old historic United States bridge built in 1909, onto Historic U.S, route 40 and back to Benicia. There was also a run scheduled after the bike ride, but I had female cramps that started half way through the ride so I wasn't feeling my best when I finished the bike ride.

We have our first open water workout of the season next weekend. I'm hoping it's at least 50 degrees or more.

Have a great week.
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment