Monday, February 1, 2010

Week #12 - Recovery Week

I am 12 weeks into my training and this week was a recovery week which also meant a marker week as well. I complete markers in each of the sports so I can gauge my progress. Despite it being a recovery week, we still had some challenging workouts/marker sets.
The spin on Tuesday was focused on drills. It was a good reminder of the technical aspect of the sport. The run marker set on Wednesday was 10 X 800's. That is correct folks, I completed 2 laps around a track, 10 different times. Surprisingly, I felt pretty good after completing this. Thursday was just a quick 30 minutes on the bike trainer to keep my legs fresh. Friday was a 1000 yard swim marker along with an additional 1000+ in drills. I also completed a core workout. Saturday I was in the city for a 90 minute run along Crissy Field. It was such a lovely day to be running along the ocean. Then we worked on stretching and core strength for about an hour. We ended our day with a nutrition lecture series that focused on fuel for endurance exercise. I received some great and valuable information that will assist me in the coming weeks and months. Sunday we did a bike marker set in Orinda. I think it's one of the harder marker sets since it is a slight incline for the entire marker, but as long as I complete the same marker, I'll see my progress in time reduction.
Here's to the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment