Monday, January 4, 2010

Week #8 Recovery Week

Week #8 of training was spent in Tahoe. I was planning to use skiing and snowshoeing as crosstraining events, but everything did not work out as planned. The day before I left for Tahoe, I started having some sinus trouble. Once I was in Tahoe, my sinuses were not happy. I decided to rest a few days instead of skiing. I did venture out a day for a snowshoeing adventure which was alot of fun. At the end of the day, I had four blisters - at least they were symmetrical on both feet. I decided to rest for the duration of my time in Tahoe so I could be well enough to attend our coached workout yesterday.
We started our workout in the pool. We were swimming for about 90 minutes and the feedback I received this week was to focus on swimming with my chest down. I'll be sure to pay attention to this as it will bring my hips up. Then we had a quick transition to the bike for our road bike ride. It was a lovely day for a bike ride. Alittle windy at times, but just lovely. We road for about 19 miles and completed the Highland Loop. After the bike, we had another quick transition to the run. We were supposed to run for 30 minutes, but since I had the blisters, I walked 3 miles instead of running for time. Once I got back from the walk, it was time to strengthen my core. We did a number of core exercises, some of which were fun and some just hurt. All together, it was a 5 hour workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment