Monday, March 29, 2010

Week #20 - Recovery Week (post WF Weekend)

I will have another crack at over-distance endurance in the near future. For this week, I had an MRI to confirm no fracture and no evidence of torn ligaments. EXCELLENT NEWS!!!
So, I spent this week with more doctor appointments and was able to get in a few swims. I also worked with my trainer on upper body strength - yeah since I couldn't stand on my left leg. I have not been back on my bike since I fell, but I am hopeful to get on it this coming week.
I'm still icing, elevating, using anti-inflammatory creams and hope to start physical therapy soon so I can work on re-building my VMO (the muscle that helps the patella-tendon track correctly). My patella-tendon is definitely not tracking correctly. ouch
Here's to a week ahead full of continued healing with some more light regular workouts back in there.
Have a great week.
Cheers,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment