Monday, March 1, 2010

Week #16 - Well Earned Recovery Week

This week started with my knees alittle swollen due to all the work I did during Boot Camp weekend. I'm not big on popping pain pills, so I just iced the knees down. I got some good info from my training captain about some natural anti-inflammatory pills that I'll start to incorporate into my nutrition plan.
Just as important as paying attention to my body, I need to pay attention to my bike and other gear. It was raining all during Boot Camp weekend so I took an extra day off from training to rest the knees and spent a few hours cleaning my bike from head to toe. It's amazing all the gunk the chain picks up.
Wednesday I met up with my mentor and completed a run workout. Although, we both walked the 3 mile workouts because we were still sore. I completed marker sets in swimming, biking, and running to see how my fitness and strength is improving. I was pleased with my time for each sport.
I am progressing in the right direction and the Wildflower Half-Ironman is only 4 weeks away.
Here's to the week ahead.
Cheers,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment